Updated November 13, 2018
Why do we collect data?
We collect data to track product state and improve product quality.
What data do we collect?
The information we collect may include: clientID(randomly generated, used to distinguish different user), your locale, your default search engine, usage count of some features, crash reports. The way is making a request containing these items as POST DATA to our server every two hours. All the currently collected data is sampled in this image.
What data do the embed services collect?
Note that these services can be disabled in settings page. The embed services used in Cent Browser and their corresponding options:
- Omnibox => "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Network predictions => "Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Safe Browsing protection => "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Spelling suggestions => "Spell check" in chrome://settings/languages
- Translate => "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read" in chrome://settings/languages
How to monitor software activity?
There are some free tools can be used to monitor activity of any software. To monitor disk activity, you can use Process Monitor. To monitor network activity, you can use Fiddler or mitmproxy or Wireshark. You can also rely on your HIPS to do this.