Updated October 11, 2018
Why do we collect data?
We collect data to track product state and improve product quality.
What data do we collect?
The information we collect may include: client ID(used to distinguish different installations), your locale, your OS version, usage count of some features, crash reports. For now, only client ID and your locale are collected. The way is making a request containing these items as POST DATA to our server every hour.
What data do the embed services collect?
Note that these services can be disabled in settings page. The embed services used in Cent Browser and their corresponding options:
- Omnibox => "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Network predictions => "Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Safe Browsing protection => "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" in chrome://settings/privacy
- Spelling suggestions => "Spell check" in chrome://settings/languages
- Translate => "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read" in chrome://settings/languages
How to monitor the activities of this software?
For privacy concern, you may use some tools to monitor activities of any software. To monitor disk activities, you may use Process Monitor. To monitor network activities, you may use Fiddler or Wireshark. You can also rely on your HIPS to do this.