I can accept
I don't care and I may use it
I don't care but I will not use
I object
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IMPORTANT: about the Yahoo search feed
We are invited to use Yahoo search feed for English/Taiwan/Vietnam users by ironSource.
This requires us to change default search engine from Google to Yahoo, of course you can change back as your will.

This may generate some revenue for us, and we can use it to upgrade our servers and bandwidth.
The problem is that they use their own domain to redirect search queries to Yahoo, like this:
http://searchingmax.com/?a=gsp_centbrowser_00_00&q=xyz

This method was examined and approved by Yahoo.
We want to know your opinion.
This means everything we search goes through them?
(11-08-2018, 03:12 PM)ariefpizzuti Wrote: This mean everything we search goes through them?

Yes, if you use it.
Hi. Actually I think it's not that important for me and I can always change it to Google. But if it has some advantages for you, then I can accept.
I use a custom search engine (Lilo.org), so there will be no difference for me if a clean install starts with Google or Yahoo.

I don't really like Yahoo for personal reasons, so if changing back to another search engine restore the behavior we know, no problem for me.
same here, as we still keep the choice to use our preferred search engine, I don't see any objection.
And if this can help to upgrade servers and bandwidth, would be really useful !

it's also nice to ask users, a lot of teams would have did it silently...
(11-08-2018, 08:52 PM)aliniceboy Wrote: Hi. Actually I think it's not that important for me and I can always change it to Google. But if it has some advantages for you, then I can accept.

Thanks for support.
(11-09-2018, 05:39 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: I use a custom search engine (Lilo.org), so there will be no difference for me if a clean install starts with Google or Yahoo.

I don't really like Yahoo for personal reasons, so if changing back to another search engine restore the behavior we know, no problem for me.

May I know why you don't like Yahoo?
(11-09-2018, 05:46 PM)badablek Wrote: same here, as we still keep the choice to use our preferred search engine, I don't see any objection.
And if this can help to upgrade servers and bandwidth, would be really useful !

it's also nice to ask users, a lot of teams would have did it silently...

Thanks for your support.
It is more friendly to ask users firstly, but regarding default engine and search engine list in Chromium, they are not fully controlled by options.
Some part is hard coded, so it is not easy to change them dynamically.
(11-10-2018, 04:06 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: May I know why you don't like Yahoo?

Got spams from them that often went through my antispam system. The unsubscribe links did nothing but me getting more spams.
Now, each time I visit a domain owned by Verizon, who owns Yahoo, I'm stuck with the cookies acceptation window that I cannot close, so I cannot see the content I want.

By the way, I join @badablek and thank you for asking us before - Even if doing it silently would have not make problem with me (maybe just questions)  Biggrin