CentBrowser Forum

Full Version: where is the cache folder located at?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
to be more specific, I am aware that most of them are in the cache,gpucache and mediacache folders in:

C:\Users\myaccountrname\AppData\Local\CentBrowser\User Data\Default

so I am planning to move all the cache folders to ramdisk drive so I can save my ssd from overload and enhance browsing performance.

usually by using a little trick(adding --disk-cache-dir="z:\temp" to the target field in the properties) the above cache folders are relocated
to ram drive but I assume there are more cache folders for different purposes because most of the time when I check the centbrowser folder, the size differs(usually increasing).

if that's true, what are they doing respectively , where are they and how do I move all of them into ramdisk?
if you don't know so go to On Windows Vista, the cache for Internet Explorer 7 is usually located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5 where %LOCALAPPDATA% is an environment variable pointing to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local (note that the checkbox for 'Hide protected operating system files' under 'Folder Options' must be unchecked and the 'Show hidden files and folders' option enabled for the files to be visible in Windows Explorer). For all other Trident-based applications, the cache is located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files.
(05-24-2019, 06:48 AM)Stupidblogger Wrote: [ -> ]if you don't know so go to On Windows Vista, the cache for Internet Explorer 7 is usually located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5 where %LOCALAPPDATA% is an environment variable pointing to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local (note that the checkbox for 'Hide protected operating system files' under 'Folder Options' must be unchecked and the 'Show hidden files and folders' option enabled for the files to be visible in Windows Explorer). For all other Trident-based applications, the cache is located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files.

thx for the reply. 

maybe you misunderstood what I really intend to achieve. I rarely use internet explorer and replaced it with chromium based browser for its better speed and versatility but I have no idea about which folder/files has what functionality thats why I opened this thread.

it might be my obsession to be eagering to have full control over my internet activity , but I really wanna know what each of the folders containing "cache" as their names actually do, and how to put those into the hand of blazing fast and everlasting ramdisk.
AFAIK moving the cache directory does not boost performance. Generally cache dir is moved to save space in C drive. As of right now, all the movable Cache files are located in C:\Users\myaccountrname\AppData\Local\CentBrowser\User Data\Default\Cache folder. You can set a custom cache folder from Cent settings. Go to chrome://settings/cbOtherOptions & set a directory.
can we disable caching completely?
(05-24-2019, 11:26 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: [ -> ]can we disable caching completely?

You can use Multilogin Tab(Ctrl+M) or Incognito Mode(Ctrl+Shift+N), they don't write cache files.
yes but I would like to have my cookies, as you already know I love my cookies Smile
(05-26-2019, 08:42 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: [ -> ]yes but I would like to have my cookies, as you already know I love my cookies Smile

It is not possible for now.
But you may try the feature "Privacy and security"->"Clear browsing data on exit".
yes, I have that enabled but not for cookies
(05-24-2019, 11:26 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: [ -> ]can we disable caching completely?

I use 
--disk-cache-dir="Q:\" --media-cache-dir="Q:\"

Q as a non-existent drive, maybe that looks like null on Linux  Wink
Pages: 1 2